Southern Orthodontic Partners is a fast paced, entrepreneurial organization offering a premier network of orthodontic care. We provide business management expertise to our partner practices, enabling orthodontic professionals to focus on delivering the best possible care to their patients. Our partner practices benefit from our centralized support system, operational best practices, recruiting network, and marketing expertise. Our mission is to positively impact the orthodontic profession through a partnership of clinical and service excellence with the country’s leading doctors.
Role: AP Specialist
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Controller
Location: Nashville, TN
The AP Specialist role is an integral part of the accounting function at SOP and will be responsible for the execution of daily accounts payable and related vendor reconciliation and analysis. The AP Specialist will work closely with the accounting team and ensure accuracy and timeliness in the coding of invoices for departments and locations.
Reporting to the Controller, this is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with experience in accounts payable or accounting of a service-based business to join an entrepreneurial environment and assist in the establishment of a solid accounts payable team supporting a high-growth company.
We are looking for people who are
- Relationship focused
- Detail oriented
- Execution focused
- Improvement focused
- Eager to learn new skills
Essential Job Functions
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties and responsibilities may change with or without notice.
- Primary responsibility for Accounts Payable process, including daily invoice processing and statement reconciliation
- Support implementation of AP process at new partner practices
- Primary practice contact for ongoing AP support, managing relationships with practice leadership across platform
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manages expense reimbursement process for corporate team
- Collaborates with Controller on improving processes and systems to increase efficiency and scalability of AP process
- Transition vendor accounts for acquisitions to SOP, including creation of transition plan utilizing best practices and working with vendors to identify transition requirements
Essential Job Skills
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a dynamic team and balance multiple deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with various stakeholder groups
- Experience with Microsoft Office (primarily Excel)
- Practices shared accountability with other functional areas of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of GAAP principles, including accruals for AP
- Prior experience managing accounts payable function
- Prior experience with AP systems/platforms
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, walking
- Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to maneuver in an office environment (keyboard, phone, copier, and other office equipment
- Mobility required to maneuver travel requirements
Southern Orthodontic Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
"*" indicates required fields